Founded in 1916, Auto-Owners Insurance provides insurance to nearly 3 million police members. Based in Lansing, Michigan, Auto-Owners is the 12th largest home insurance company in the country.
Auto owners’ home insurance includes the types of coverage you’ll find in a typical home insurance policy:
- Housing coverage pays to repair or replace your home and attached structures (such as a patio) due to issues covered by your policy (such as a fire).
- Coverage for other structures pays to repair or replace loose structures on your property, such as a fence, shed or garage.
- Personal property coverage pays to repair or replace your personal effects if they are stolen or damaged by a problem covered by your policy, such as water damage caused by a broken pipe.
- Liability insurance pays for injuries and property damage caused to others. For example, if you accidentally hit a golf ball through your neighbor’s picture window.
- Additional cover for living expenses pays expenses such as restaurant meals, pet boarding, and hotel bills if you can’t live in your home because of an issue covered by your policy.
You can customize your home insurance with types of optional coverage, such as:
- Guaranteed home replacement cost If the cost of replacing your home exceeds your policy limits, this coverage pays the full cost of rebuilding your home.
- Specialized personal property coverage provides greater coverage for personal items, such as misplaced or lost items, and damaged or stained items.
- Owners more is a collection of types of coverage that pay for issues such as appliance leaks and food spoilage due to power outages.
- Identity theft cost coverage pays up to $ 15,000 for expenses to restore your identity.
- Backflow of water from sewers or drains pays for damage to your home (such as furniture, walls, floors, and electrical systems) if it is damaged due to backflow.
- Prescription or law coverage pays to bring you up to code if local laws or ordinances require you to build, demolish, or repair your property.
- Equipment failure covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns of equipment such as heaters, air conditioners, computers and major appliances.
Auto-owners sell different types of home insurance coverage, including home, condominium, tenants, rental housing, and mobile home.
Need additional liability protection for your family? You may want to purchase umbrella insurance from auto owners that will provide you with liability protection beyond the limits of a home insurance policy.